S.V. Shekher is one of the best-known comedians as far as Tamil dramas are concerned. This comedy king who has left everyone in splits through his great sense of humor will be seen creating a laugh riot at Chennai this November 29. You can now grab a chance to watch this comedy king perform live here: http://goeventz.com/event/thunderous-comedy-playmodhi-vilayadu-paapa/499 Also, those who know or don’t know much about this superstar of comedy here is a trivia of the life of Shekher.
1. Shekher completed his diploma in Mechanical Engineering and post diploma in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration.
2. Shekher is married to Uma and the couple has a daughter named Anuradha and a son named Ashwin who debuted in the Tamil flick Vegam.
3. In 2006, he made an entry into politics by contesting and winning the Legislative Assembly Elections as an All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) candidate from Mylapore.
4. After he had issues with AIADMK, and was expelled from the party he decided to start his own party in June 2009.
5. In February 2009 he started Brahmins Association under the banner FEBAS which has not received any support from the already existing association THAMBRAAS.
6. Shekher’s stage career began in 1974 when he acted in his first stage play.
7. He entered Kollywood as a still photographer for the film Mogham, where he was spotted by director K. Balachander who provided him a role in the film Ninaithale Inikkum and later gave him a full-fledged role in his movie Varumayin Niram Sivappu.
8. After performing movie roles in around 96 Tamil films, Shekher moved into television, appearing in Vanna Kolangal and Nam Kudumbam.
9. Shekher is the Chairman of the popular drama troupe Mylapore Boys renamed Mylapore Nataka Arangam.
10. He won the Best All India Programme Producer Award for four years in a row from RAPA (Radio & Television Advertisers & Producers Association).
11. He has formed his drama troupe, Natakhapriya, which has so far staged 24 plays, with over 5,400 show.
12. Ve. Shekher got appointed as one of the members of Central Board of Film Certification in 2015.
13. Starting eight full length plays at one go, from 7:47 A.M. to 1:49 A.M. of the following day, Shekher created a record in April 1985 which is acknowledged in the Limca Book of Records as an unsurpassed feat of a stage artist.
14. Shekher was presented the title “Nataka Ulaga Nayagan” (King of drama) by Prof. George L Hart, distinguished professor of Tamil at the University of California, Berkeley.