Visit our website - https://www.leomike.co
About this camp
Conceptualise, model, print. Take part in the 3D printing revolution.
What happens in this camp?
Learn everything you need to know about 3D Printing and do real-time printing in this two-day hackathon. Conceptualise and design a 3D model that can solve a real problem you face in your everyday life. Make it print ready using a 3D modeling software. Print it out using a 3D printer, take it home and put it to use!
Participant Age Range: 9 to 14
Camp Duration: 2 days, 10 AM to 5:30 PM
Lunch and Snacks will be provided
No transportation provided.
● No prerequisites! Come with an open mind, and leave with some great learning and an experience of a lifetime!
Why should I take up this camp?
3D printing is no longer just a “new and upcoming technology”. Printing of houses, aircraft parts and food are becoming mainstream. This technology is set to revolutionise manufacturing, supply chain and logistics. 3D printing is also heavily being used in education to teach engineering design, 3D modeling and foundations of 2D and 3D geometry.
This camp aims to give you an intense exposure to a technology that will be seen everywhere soon. Why not be the early adopter?
● 3D printer - how it works
● 3D printer - how to use it to print functional models
● Autodesk CAD: User interface, layout and functions
● Autodesk CAD: 3D modeling, scaling, orientation
● Scaling Software: Resolution, scaling, duplication, rotation
● Math: 2D and 3D geometry
● Critical Thinking - Can I make the correct judgements that put together the different strengths of my team to conceptualise a 3D model, create a 3D representation on a software, and print it out using the capabilities of the 3D printer given to me?
● Creativity: How can I use my everyday experience to come up with a creative solution to an everyday problem?
● Communication - There will be no final product without discussion and negotiation
● Collaboration - It takes a strong team go through the entire process of designing and printing a 3D model
● Decision Making - What is my 3D model solution to an everyday problem? How should it look like?
● Time Management - How can we conceptualise, design a realistic 3D model, make it ready for 3D printing and print it out in 6 hours?