After successful editions in Aruba, Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE) is taking its global platform to Mumbai, India. From April 7th-10th in 2016 ADE Global Sessions Mumbai will host interactive Q&A’s with top DJ’s, exclusive industry discussions, networking sessions and strategy meetings, master classes and much more as part of ADE's on-going commitment to connect dance culture worldwide.
ADE Global Sessions Mumbai is the opportunity to meet heavyweight professionals from the international electronic music industry in interactive and intimate meetings, and to get to know the market in India – from inside! Together with leading Indian media, communications and entertainment company Percept ADE Global Sessions will present key figures from the electronic music industry in India, from the main bookers and promoters to the most important artists.
Next to our great international line-up, ADE Global Sessions Mumbai will act as a gateway to the booming Asian electronic music market by presenting a host of influential representatives from India and Asia. Get your tickets now, full program following soon!
ADE Global Sessions Mumbai offers a comprehensive DAY ánd NIGHT program (April 7-10), that highlights both the most exciting artists and agency rosters that the electronic music scene in India has to offer, alongside top-flight international talent. Expect spectacular performances, industry meetings, strategy sessions, Q&As with business and thought leaders, master classes, the ADE Tech Lab and much more.
THURSDAY, APRIL 7TH 2016
DAY PROGRAM (Venue: Todi Mill Social)
18:00 – 22:30 Registration desk open
19:00 – 19:45 Welcome drinks
20:00 – 20:15 Word of Welcome
A welcome and introduction by Shailendra Singh (Sunburn/Percept Live) & Richard Zijlma (Amsterdam Dance Event)
20:15 – 21:00 Keynote: India's Influence - An Electronic Music Story by Arjun Vagale
Arjun Vagale details the rise of electronic music in India and it’s international influence and potential, and plays the ten records that define electronic music in India.
21:00 – 22:30 ADE DJ Cook Off
Cooks: DJ Sa, Me & HER, Dualist Inquiry, DJ Shaan
ADE's famous DJ cooking contest, invite only.
22:30 – 23:30 PERFECTIMING Live Session: A short spectacular performance by national electric music act Perfectiming
FRIDAY, APRIL 8TH 2016
DAY PROGRAM (Venue: Tote on the Turf)
11:30 – 20:00 Registration desk open
12:30 – 13:15 Meet the pro's - Asian Exposure
Get access to Asia’s booming electronic music scene in this speed dating session.
12:30 – 13:15 Meet the pro's - Talent Edition
Get professional feedback and advice from (inter)national electronic music professionals in this intimate networking session.
13:30 – 13:50 Official opening ADE Global Sessions Mumbai
A screening of ADE documentary RESONATE
14:00 – 14:45 Business Q&A: Industry inside - Spot on Asia
Speakers: Brandon Bakshi (BMI), Rahul Kukreja (Livescape Asia), Jaideep Singh (Sr VP and Head Live Viacom18), Mahesh Narayanan (Global COO Saavn), Jonathan Waller (Strikeforce 360)
Facts, figures and debate on the rising electronic music industry market in Asia.
14:00 – 14:45 Master Class – Pioneer
Official Pioneer India DJ's Tuhin Mehta and Mash demo the brand new CDJ Nexus 2 system and Rekordbox software.
14:00 – 20:00 Tech lab open
15:30 – 16:15 ADE Tribute: Remembering pioneer Charanjit Singh
Speakers: Rana Ghose (REProduce Artists), DJ Pierre
The amazing story of Indian electronic music pioneer Charanjit Singh (1940-2015) - with lots of music and unique video footage on his career.
15:30 – 16:15 Q&A - The Indian Artist
Speakers: Shaan, Lost Stories, Sartek, Joshi
Four of India's hottest young DJ's come together for an open-style Q&A session, discussing their careers and the Indian dance music scene.
16:30 – 17:00 Party like it’s 2026 – Electronic music festivals in the future part 1
Speaker: Peter Martin (Valis)
A visual presentation by Peter Martin on what electronic music festivals will look like in the future based upon his extensive knowledge of virtual reality and the latest technological developments.
16:30 – 17:15 Master Class - Andrew MacKay
17:00 – 17:45 Party like it’s 2026 – Electronic music festivals in the future part 2
Speakers: Megan Miller (Burning Man), Artur Mendes (Boom Festival), Peter Martin (Valis), Shailendra Singh (Sunburn Festival)
A lively debate on the electronic music festival market: what are the most important international developments for electronic music festivals right now, what are the best opportunities for growth and innovation and how do they envision the festival market in 2026 and implement this in their strategies.
17:15 – 18:00 Master Class - Bit of Both
Speakers: Ash Roy, Ashwin Mani Sharma
Veteran DJ/Producers Ash Roy and Ashwin Mani Sharma discuss and explain their brand new live project - Bit Of Both.
18:15 – 19:00 The synching case: Electronic music in Hollywood & Bollywood
Speakers: Devraj Sanyal (Universal India), Jonathan Christiansen (HTGR), Andrew Mackay (producer/composer), DJ Chetas
A business discussion on the increasing influence of electronic music in the Bollywood and Hollywood movie industries, monetising electronic music and copyright in Hollywood and Bollywood, the international boom of music from Bollywood and synching the two industries.
18:00 – 18:45 Master Class - Lost Stories
One of India's leading EDM producers will remix a track live on screen in 30 minutes from scratch.
19:00 – 19:45 Drinks and Networking presented by BMI
19:00 – 20:00 Master Class – Nucleya
Nucleya deconstructs his biggest record.
21:00 OML Showcase: Nucleya, SickFlip, Ritviz. Venue: Social @ Todi Mill
21:00 UnMute Showcase: Sound Avtar, DJ Sa, Spryk, Big City Harmonics, Kaos. Venue: Anti Social @ Khar.
21:00 sLick! Mumbai Takeover: Claptone, Bullzeye, Blurry Slur, Orbs&Zen. Venue: Kitty Su
22:00 KRUNK Showcase: Aqua Dominatrix (Live), Oceantied, Kumail, EZ Riser & Oblique (Visuals). Venue: Blue Frog
22:00 ANKYTRIXX & Friends: Ankytrixx, Jehan Johar, Audio Glitch, Priya Sen. Venue: ARK Bar
TBA Guestlist Events: Force, Zenith. Venue: Phoenix Courtyard
SATURDAY, APRIL 9TH 2016
DAY PROGRAM (Venue: Tote on the Turf)
11:30 – 20:00 Registration desk open
12:30 – 13:15 Meet the pro's - International Exposure
Get access to the International electronic music scene in this speed dating session.
12:30 - 13:15 Meet the pro's - Demolition
Bring your music to the people that matter. Our professionals will listen to your demo on the spot and give you their feedback.
13:30 – 20:00 Tech lab open
13:30 – 14:15 Keynote: How dance music can make a social difference
Speaker: Shailendra Singh (Sunburn, Percept Live)
Shailendra Singh shares his extensive knowledge on the electronic music industry in India and the world – with emphasis on how dance music brings social classes together and can initiate positive change and developments.
13:30 – 14:15 Master Class – Ableton
Insight into Ableton's brand new Push 2 controller and workflow.
14:30 – 15:15 Business Q&A: India, Gateway to Asia – Touring the country & continent
Speakers: Ritnika Nayan (MGMH), Dev Bhatia (Unmute), Karan Singh (Percept Live), Jaideep Singh (Senior VP & Head Live - Viacom18)
Discussing the live and festival market in India and Asia as viewed from abroad and within.
14:30 – 15:15 Artist Q&A: DJ Pierre - My life as a DJ
Legendary pioneer DJ Pierre gives interactive career interview talking about his personal highlights, how he has seen the industry and its opportunities change, and shares his experience, tips, anecdotes and vision on being a successful DJ in 2016.
16:00 – 16:45 Business Panel: Marketing and monetizing music online in India & Asia
Speakers: Ashish Hemrajani (Bookmyshow), Pratiksha Roy (Twitter), Mahesh Narayanan (Saavn)
A heavy weight business discussion on the future of monetizing music online in India and Asia.
16:00 – 16:45 Q&A - Ankytrixx & Friends
Speakers: Jehan Johar (Panel Host / Moderator), Ankit Kocher, Asad Zaidi, Sanjay Dutta, Lubina Mohamed Agarwal, Ashutosh Phatak
One of India's leading DJ's brings us an interesting workshop titled "Mind, Body & Soul".
17:00 – 17:45 Q&A - Blaise DeAngelo: Building an international career
Speaker: Blaise DeAngelo (general manager, OWSLA)
If OWSLA signs a producer, what do they expect from them, how do they work together on building an international career, and how do they shift their strategy with the disruptions of the music industry.
17:00 – 17:45 Master Class - Arjun Vagale + Kohra
Two of India's biggest techno producers come together to produce a track in 30 minutes live on screen + Q&A.
18:00 – 18:45 Closing panel: Vive la difference!
Speakers: Vijay Nair (OML), Manuj Agarwal (Percept Live), Karsten Ter Hoeven (Amsterdam Dance Event)
How can electronic music markets on other continents profit from successful initiatives and experiences in the booming market in India & Asia, and vice versa.
18:00 – 18:45 Master Class – Wiwek
Wiwek shares tips on his production techniques followed by Q&A.
19:00 – 19:45 Drinks and Networking - presented by Kitty Su
19:00 – 20:00 Master Class - What So Not + Kill The Noise
What So Not and Kill The Noise explain their unique production style followed by Q&A.
21:00 OML Showcase: Anish Sood, Dualist Inquiry, Sandunes. Venue: Social @ Todi Mill.
21:00 UnMute Showcase: Arjun Vagale, Kohra, Oozeundat, Praveen Archary, Audio Units. Venue: ARK Bar.
21:00 sLick! Mumbai Takeover: Finnebassen, Me&HER, Mr. Has, Sequ3l, Bhish, Chabb. Venue: Blue Frog.
TBA OWSLA: What So Not, Kill the Noise, Wiwek. Venue: Kitty Su
Day Conference - 15 years and above
Night Club Festival - Standard Club Rules Apply for Entry
ADE Global Sessions Mumbai is an initiative of Amsterdam Dance Event and hosted by Percept Live in association with GoEventz
Top DJ’s, producers and electronic music professionals gather in Mumbai for an extensive DAY and NIGHT program. Join us and get to know the exciting electronic music scene in India and beyond.
ADE Global Sessions Mumbai offers a comprehensive DAY ánd NIGHT program from April 7 to 10, spread out over eight different venues. If you're a DJ, producer or electronic music professional there are so many reasons to visit. Not convinced yet? We've summed up ten reasons why you should join us:
1/ Learn @ Tech Lab with masterclasses by Ableton and Pioneer plus top local talent including What So Not, Kill The Noise, Ankytrixx & Friends, Arjun Vagale, Shaan, Lost Stories and many more
2/ Get your insight and market information from professionals like Jaideep Singh (Viacom18), Ritnika Nayan (MGMH), Dev Bhatia (Unmute), Karan Singh (Percept Live).
3/ Speed up your global network. Meet professionals from Amsterdam Dance Event (ADE), BMI, Boom Festival, Bookmyshow, Burning Man, Livescape Asia, HTGR, Sunburn, Strikeforce 360, Twitter, Valls Studio’s, OWSLA, Universal India and much more.
4/ Learn how to get your music into Bollywood and/or Hollywood movies!
5/ See over 50 DJ’s/producers perform at Mumbai’s best clubs.
6/ Get inspired by leading artists with Q&A’s and Masterclasses!
7/ Join the open-house events, interact and contribute.
8/ Set up your future business agenda for India and Asia with dedicated panels and workshops
9/ Learn from the pros how events will look in the future
10/ Or, quite simply, if you love electronic music more than anything else, visit ADE Global Sessions Mumbai!
1) Shailendra Singh: Shailendra Singh is the Joint Managing Director of Percept Limited, India’s largest and only entertainment, media and communications conglomerate.
2) Richard Ziljma: Richard Ziljma is the General Manager of Amsterdam Dance Event, the world’s Main Electronic and Dance Music Conference, World biggest Club Festival.
3) Arjun Vagale: Arjun Vagale is a Delhi-born Electronic Music producer whose atmospheric soundscapes that are impossible to stay still to. Vagale was awarded in 2011-2012 "Best Techno DJ/DJ of the Year" and came top of the first ever DJ Mag India.
4) DJ Shaan: DJ Shaan debuted at Asia’s premier music festival – Sunburn 2010, in Goa, India. He is the first Indian DJ to play at Tomorrowland Festival, in 2014.
5) DJ Sa: DJ Sa is a hip-hop DJ from Mumbai. He has worked with artists such as Akon, 50 Cent, Chammillionaire, Sam Scarfo, DJ Whoo, MIMS & Green Lantern to name a few.
6) ME & Her: ME & her are two musical soul-sisters bridging different cultures and talents. They bring a philosophy of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts" to the global dance floor.
7) Dualist Inquiry: Dualist Inquiry is the brainchild and solo project of Sahej Bakshi, a music producer, guitarist and cerebral agent.
8) Brandon Bakshi: Brandon Bakshi is the Executive Director of Writer/Publisher Relations for Europe & Asia. He oversees the outreach and relationship management among the international songwriting and publishing community.
9) Rahul Kukreja: One of the co-founders and partners of The Livescape Group of companies which produces Future Music Festival Asia (FMFA), the region’s largest music festival.
10) Mahesh Narayanan: Mahesh is the Global Chief Operating Officer for Saavn, transforming how people around the world access and experience music on a daily basis.
11) Jonathan Waller: Jonathan handles Label Management, Digital Distribution, Licensing, Promotion, Marketing on behalf of various labels and artists through Strikeforce 360 Media.
12) Jaideep Singh: Jaideep is the Senior Vice President and Business Head at Viacom. His mandate includes the divisions of Live Viacom18, BE Viacom18, and Spotlight.
13) Rana Ghose: Rana is the sole proprietor of REProduce Artists which manages upcoming independent musicians to carve a niche in the Indian music scene.
14) DJ Pierre: DJ Pierre is a Chicago born DJ and performer of house music. He helped to develop the house-music subgenre of acid house.
15) Peter Martin: V.A.L.I.S Head of Studio Peter Martin is an Academy Award nominated Producer. He is a Creative Futurist and a recognized thought leader in next generation entertainment.
16) Megan Miller: Megan is the Director of Communications at Burning Man Festival. She oversees the year-round communications team, which works with Burning Man’s founders.
17) Artur Mendes: Artur Mendes is one of the directors of BOOM festival, a festival of psychedelic and psytrance music. Artur is responsible for art, programming and communication.
18) Devraj Sanyal: Devraj Sanyal (born 21 March 1975) is the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of Universal Music Group & EMI Music, South Asia.
19) Jonathan Christiansen: Jonathan is a music supervisor at Hit The Ground Running Inc. , which currently runs TV shows such as Silicon Valley, Gotham and Underground.
20) DJ Chetas: DJ Chetas is ranked World No. 59 on the DJ MAG Top 100 DJs list and is ranked India's No.1 Bollywood DJ. He is the only DJ in Indian to crack into the prestigious DJ MAG awards.
21) Andrew Mackay: Andrew T. Mackay is a British composer producer, arranger, conductor and DJ living and working in London. He is also co-founder along with UK based producer and composer Garry Hughes of the eclectic Bombay Dub Orchestra.
22) Ritnika Nayan: Ritnika Nayan is the young entrepreneur behind Music Gets Me High or MGMH. Ritnika was adjourned ‘Young Music Entrepreneur’ runner up by British Council in 2008.
23) Dev Bhatia: Dev Bhatia is the co-founder of UnMute Agency. The agency manages and books a select group of quality Indian electronic DJs and Producers.
24) Karan Singh: Karan is the Chief Executive Officer of Sunburn where he is responsible for providing strategic direction, mapping alliances, creating opportunities for integration, and paving the roadmap for Sunburn.
25) Keshav Suri: The executive director of the Lalit Group of Hotels.
26) Blaise DeAngelo: Blaise DeAngelo runs OWSLA (a music label founded by Skrillex in 2011) on a day-to-day basis as the label's General Manager.
27) Ashish Hamrajani: Ashish is the Founder and CEO of Bigtree Entertainment, whose subsidiaries include BookMyShow.
28) Pratiksha Rao: Pratiksha is the Head of Media Partnerships, SE Asia at Twitter.
29) Vijay Nair: Vijay is the CEO of Only Much Louder which is a group of companies working with the Indian independent music industry.
30) Manuj Agarwal: Manuj is the CEO of Percept Live, and is responsible for managing and leveraging the Percept Intellectual Properties including Sunburn and Bollyboom. He provides strategic direction to Percept’s IP business.
31) Karsten Ter Hoeven: Karsten is an executive producer at Buma Cultuur, which is a foundation dedicated to the promotion and support of Dutch music copyright.
1. What So Not: What So Not is an electronic music project by Australian producer Emoh Instead (Chris Emerson). What So Not is characterized by its spacey melodies and thumping basslines.
2. Wiwek: Wiwek is a DJ from Holland. He is known for popularizing the genre of “Jungle Terror”.
3. Kill the Noise: Jake Stanczak, known by his stage names Kill the Noise and Ewun, is an electronic music producer from Rochester, New York. He released his debut LP Occult Classic in October.
4. ME & Her: ME & her are two musical soul-sisters bridging different cultures and talents. They bring a philosophy of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts" to the global dance floor.
5. Nucleya: Nucleya is a DJ from Mumbai, India. He started his musical journey in the late 90s and since then has gained a reputable status in the Asian EDM scene.
6. Ankytrixx: Ankytrixx is an Indian Electronica DJ and Producer. Ranked No.1 in India for Electronic Music (2012,2013) on the MyFavDj Poll.
7. DJ Zaeden: Sahil Sharma better known by his stage name Zaeden is a DJ from India, and music producer. He also is one of the youngest Indian DJs to feature at Tomorrowland.
8. Aqua Dominatrix: Aqua Dominatrix hailing from Mumbai, is producer Akshay Rajpurohit's pseudonym for his free-floating synthpop.
9. Ash Roy: As an individual producer and a DJ, Ash's style moves through genres that range from minimal to tech-house to techno.
10. Ashvin Mani Sharma: He is a DJ who has been a part of the Indian underground music scene since 1995. HE is one of the co-founders of Jalebee Cartel, a live electronic music act.
11. Audio Glitch: Audio Glitch is a collective of DJs and producers consisting of Chaitanya “CG” Gaikwad and Pratik “Machi” Umrigar that came into existence in 2010.
12. Baba Robjin: Baba Robijn has been going around in the international dance scene since a few decades. He is well-known for his eclectic selection of deep tech-house / electronic music.
13. Big City Harmonics: Big City Harmonics was formed in 2013 and is operated by Pune based DJ and musician Rohan Hastak.
14. Bullzeye: Bullzeye is Siddhanth Kapoor's Techno project, who’s been DJing since 1999.
15. Claptone: Claptone is a Berlin based DJ who dabbles in House, and is popularized by the mask of a bird that he wears on stage.
16. DJ Mash: Born in Delhi, India , DJ Mash took Dj'ing as his career in 1997. Synonymous in the industry for his innovative and eclectic progressive house and trance sets.
17. DJ Skip: DJ Skip is a DJ of Hip Hop and Bass. He is the winner of Turntablist and National Champion - India - 3rd Worldwide.
18. EZ Riser: Launched in Oct 2012, EZ Riser is the solo project of Sohail Arora pushing cutting edge Electronica, Glitch Hop, Electro Hip Hop, Breaks, Bass House & IDM.
19. Finnebassen: Dirty melancholic house music is the produce of much musical soul searching for emerging Norwegian star Finnebassen.
20. Joshi: Goa based Deep/Progressive House Producer turned DJ, Rishabh Joshi.
21. DJ Kaos: DJ Kaos is one of San Diego’s most notable DJs in the nightlife scene today.
22. Karan Bhoj: 35-year-old Karan Bhojwani is a long-time DJ and founder of Third Eye Records but he also ‘daylights’ as a full-time businessman.
23. Kohra: Kohra is the deep, hypnotic and often grungy mirror image of Madhav Shorey.
24. Kumail: Kumail Hamid is a 21 year old music producer from Mumbai, India. He’s been pushing beats & future electronic sounds since a young age.
25. Mr Has: Mr. Has is a Singaporean DJ and the current Asia Pacific Music Director for W Hotels.
26. Oceantied: Oceantied is an exploration of producer Ketan Bahirat's electronic music headspace.
27. Oozeundat: Roan Sable and Sidhant Naren decided to convert their mutual respect for underground electronic dance music into a Techno wave.
28. Orbs and Zen: Orbs as energy and Zen as a meditativeness mix in the form of dance to make up this duo of Ajay Makhija & Nicky Ramnani.
29. Praveen Achary: Praveen Achary is a Deep, Tech and Progressive House DJ from Bangalore.
30. Ritviz: Ritviz is a music producer/composer/songwriter/singer/rapper from Pune, India.
31. Sandunes: Sandunes (Sanaya Ardeshir) is known for her diverse blend of electronica which combines eclectic sensibilities with progressive electronic elements.
32. Sandy Singh: DJ Sandy Singh has been Djing for around fifteen years coming into it from a passion of playing music and the love of entertaining crowds.
33. Sartek: Sarthack Sardana is a Futuristic Electro DJ and is the only Indian to be signed to Hardwell’s legendary Revealed Recordings. :
34. Sashanti: Alexander Sukhochev dabbles in many art forms including journalism, photography, writing, promotion and DJing. S
35. SEQU3L: Nakul Ambilkar’s Driving Progressive House, Techno, and Deep House project.
36. SickFlip: ‘SickFlip’ is an electronica solo project brought to life by Sarvesh Shrivastava - a music composer, producer and performer from Mumbai, India.
37. Sound Avtar: Sound Avtar is Piyush Bhatnagar’s Bass Music project. Voted Best Drum & Bass/Dubstep DJ/Producer by MYFAV Awards for the year 2012 and 2013.
38. Spryk: Spryk is Mumbai native Tejas Nair’s genre-hopping force of sounds that bends conventions with swift production and experimental sound design.
39. Tanseer: Tanseer has promoted EDM in India, donning various hats as a DJ, promoter, and a producer releasing music through labels such as System Recordings.
40. Tuhin Mehta: Tuhin Mehta belongs to the old school breed of DJs. With two decades of experience pioneering club-world electronic music in India.