10 KmTimed Run
Remaining : 64
21 KmTimed Run
Remaining : 64
|Discount (coupon code discount)||0|
ALFA Adventures welcomes you to the 3rd edition of a unique experience of running on mud trails with lots of greenery around, along paddy fields and on mountain tops.
The hill trail run, going through mountain villages, gives you scenic views of greenery and water bodies around. If the views don’t take your breath away, the hill climbs will.
PB is guaranteed not to be achieved, but what is is that you’ll enjoy and have fun on the route. The joy of running in the rain, combined with the greenery all around you, is a very refreshing experience
Race Categories : 10Kms and 21Kms (both Timed)
Men : Open and Veteran (45yrs and above)
Women : Open and Veteran (45yrs and above)
Registration Fees : 10Km - Rs. 1200 ; 21Km - Rs. 1450 + Taxes
Website : www.alfatrailchallenge.com
All participants will be provided with a
NOTE: NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO START AFTER 0800HRS
Venue: Horizon School, Rayate. Near Kalyan city. Find on MAP
(Transportation will be provided from Kalyan Station from 0500hrs to the race venue and back on Race day – details of the same will be posted later.)
ALFA Trail Challenge has one of the most beautiful running routes near Mumbai, going through mountain villages and has scenic views of greenery and water bodies around. The trail run route passes through hills, paddy fields, streams, and a wide table top plateau with flowering pastures.
The runners running the ATC will be able to experience a variety of terrain - a spacious wide track, a narrow single-track, an exhilarating forest trail, and a tricky mud section. ATC also has hill climbs with a 300m ascent.
HOW TO REACH THE VENUE. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.
(RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS AND BIB COLLECTION DETAILS WILL BE UPDATED LATER.)
HOW TO REACH THE VENUE
#1. BY TRAIN:
The Holding area of ATC is aproximately 10kms from Kalyan Railway station, which is a major suburban station of Mumbai on Central railway. Most of the long distance trains and all local suburban trains stop here. We have arranged for pick-up buses from outside Kalyan Station.
You can reach Kalyan Station at 5.39am/5:43am by first train starting from Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminals (CSTM) on central line.
Come out on the Kalyan (west) side and look for volunteers near Deepak Hotel (Opp Kalyan Station).
Tentative Bus Timings from Kalyan Station: 5:45am, 6:00am, 6:15am, 6.30am and 6:45am
If you miss the bus, you will then need to take private auto to Rayate village. There are also State Transport buses from Kalyan Bus Depot to Murbad every 15/30 mins.
#2. PRIVATE TRANSPORT - CAR/BIKE ETC:
If you are travelling by personal vehicle, here is the exact location for the holding area.
Google Location: https://goo.gl/maps/etxjm9eeUFQ2
Kalyan being a major junction on Central Railway line, by staying anywhere on Central line you can catch the first local train and reach the venue (as described above) on time. One can use online accommodation sites like Airbnb, Trivago, Makemytrip, Ibis, Oyo, etc. to find hotel.
For your convenience, we are listing some hotels nearby. Note: We DO NOT have tie-ups with any of them.
1) Hotel Shree Ganesh Annapurna, Goveli, 2.5kms from race starting area.
2) Springtime Club and Hospitality, Khadakpada, Kalyan(W), 10kms from race starting area.
3) Hotel Heritage residency, Kalyan-Murbad rd, Snydicate, Kalyan(w), 8.5kms from race starting area.
NEED TO KNOW
1) Don't forget to wear a cap or visor. When it rains here it could be nasty, with big droplets slapping on your face and hampering your vision.
2) Be extra careful when running downhill at 7km and at 17km, the mud on the route can make it very slippery. In general, use shoes with good grip.
3) Sections of the Dam Loop are STRICTLY SINGLE-TRACK. No overtaking on these sections. Wait patiently for the other runner to move.
4) WATCH YOUR STEP... Don't get carried away by the scenic landscape. Trails are shared by other living beings also and there won't be any volunteers to clear the traffic. Please don't scare the small creatures by your gigantic footsteps.
5) WATCH YOUR STEP... This time it’s for your own good. Trails have what they should have pebbles, rocks, twigs, etc. You need to take care to not to slip and fall or twist your ankle. There is no alternative to walking to the nearest aid station!!
6) Bugs, bugs and bugs... not the software ones, but the hardware, real ones. And believe us they bite hard. When it rains, in some sections bugs might like to shelter on your sweaty body. Taking necessary precaution is advised.
7) No shortcuts... This will lead to a disqualification. No questions asked.
FLORA AND FAUNA
This region is home to a number of exotic birds like the Peacocks, Asian Paradise-flycatcher, Racquet-tailed Drongo, Rufous Treepie, etc.