This is forth Amravati Half Marathon Event. All the three events were a great success. More and more runners and specially children started participating. Ladies who have started running/walking recently, all of them may not be able to participate in Half Marathon or a 10 km Power Run also. In order to encourage women to participate in large number, we have decided to create new category this year, “WOMENS SPECIAL
CATEGORY: 5 KM”.
1) Half Marathon, Age Categories: Participants must have completed 18 years of age on the day of event. Registration fee Rs.1000. (Chip timing event)
a) Male below 45 years of age, OPEN CATEGORY.
b) Male above 45 years of age, VETERN CATEGORY.
c) Female below 40 years of age, OPEN CATEGORY.
d) Female above 40 years of age, VETERN CATEGORY
2) 10 Km POWER RUN : Participants must have completed 15 years of age. Registration fee Rs. 700. (Chip timing event)
3) 5 Km Children’s Dream Run : Children between 10 to 15 years (Boys/Girls). Registration fee Rs.300.
4) 5 Km Women’s Special category: Participants must have completed 15 years of age (This being the first year, it is non-competitive event. First three participants will be felicitated). Registration fee Rs. 500.
5) Cash Prizez : Details of Cash prizes are given on amravati website.
RACE DIRECTOR: Dilip Patil is the Race Director for this event. He is keen Marathon Runners and started running from 2003. He ran more than 80 Marathons in India abroad. International Marathons includes Mumbai, Munich, Prague (Czech Republic), Jungfrau (Switzerland), Dubai, Du-Medoc (France), Amsterdam, New York, Chicago, Leh Ladakh, Pondicherry etc.
He also successfully completed 7 COMRADES MARATHON (Distance 90 KM). This is one of the toughest Ultra Marathon in the world. The Marathon is also called as Ultimate Human Race. He is also an organizer for First Amravati Duathlon and Amravati Stadium Relay Competition.