in association with
The day-long conference cuts across genres, bringing you a wide narrative on India. We dive into history, exploring India’s 2600-yr tradition of coins; see how Shyam Bedekar’s remarkable invention is enabling him and his wife to create social impact across India and beyond; experience a young woman’s drive to bring textbook science theories to life for children; and take a journey to the dark depths of coal mining and its bitter consequences for our own people.
Uplifting stories and thought-provoking experiences come together to take you on a roller coaster journey of ideas.
Speakers at JoshTalks Ahmedabad
Here is the speaker lineup of Josh Talks Ahmedabad 2017 :
1. Aruna Chandrashekhar – The impact of coal mining on the homes, livelihood, and sacred forests of the adivasis.
2. Indu Harikumar – Tinder Tales from India: Secret stories of online dating.
3. Aditi Gupta – How a comic book is breaking myths of menstruation.
4. Monica Yadav – Bringing text book science to life for school children with real life models and live workshops.
5. Jaideep Bansal – How an entrepreneur has made electrifying remote Ladakh villages a profitable enterprise.
6. Tejas Naik – What a journey through 2600 years of coins reveals about our history.
7. Shyam Bedekar – How excellent business management and a science invention impacted the menstrual health of rural women in Gujarat.
Who should attend the conference?
Anyone with some fire in their belly and an itch to do something more. From Entrepreneurs and Artists to Scientists, Designers, Architects or Engineers. This conference is for those who have open mind and drive to do something special and meaningful. Or those who do not wish to accept things the way they are, who want to accomplish or change something.
Why to attend the conference?
This is an opportunity to be blown away by witnessing the work the speakers are doing or by hearing their stories. This is also an opportunity meet the speakers and see and speak first hand to the people who make real change happen. And finally get to meet others like yourselves, who already are or want to get out there and do something amazing.