The Kabaad Mela is India's 1st ever Upcycling Festival where the top competition entries will be exhibited along with music, drama and art performances, arcade and tabletop games, upcycling workshops, art installations, various competitions, pop-up shops, fun activities and other exciting events for all ages and interests!
The goal is to inspire, educate and provide a hands-on experience of Upcycling and its applications to the people in a vast variety of fields as well as appreciate and reward the competition winners and participants.
Live Upcycling Corner: Fun Fact: The Microwave, Velcro and even X-Ray Machines were all accidental inventions. Try your luck to invent or even recreate at the LIVE UPCYCLING CORNER. Create the best you can from the waste you get. But do not waste the best you have. Use your imagination to make a creation using the innovation. Take it home with you in your bag of memories and prices.
Junk Arcade: Wake up the kid from within and have a go at the JUNK ARCADE at THE KABAAD MELA. Nostalgia and lots of prices is what you will get coming out of this arena. Footpool, Stress Chess, Air hockey, Foosball, Life-Sized Jenga and a lot more! Arnold Schwarzenegger also once said, “The only 2 places I can fully be myself is a gym and a GAMING ARCADE.”
Jam With Junk: The biggest stress buster of life is music. We’ve developed fantastic instruments from waste, especially a variety of drums! Explore your talent with an upcycled instrument as your inner musician jams with everyone else!
Performances: Fashion Shows, Band Performances, Street Plays and a lot more! One of the most entertaining events of THE KABAAD MELA! Be there to find yourself in a whirlpool of activities, all giving you immense to learn and take back with you, literally! (Tip: Free goodies for every visitor!)
Competitions: “It’s not a problem if you always win” : Harvey Specter.
Debate Competition: ‘Trash’ Talk
How well can you 'Dump' your arguments? Speak up to win it all.
Kachron Ke Khiladi: Obstacle Race Course. How well can you 'Dump' your arguments? Speak up to win it all.
Wardrobe of Waste: Kachra into Kapda Fashion Designers, get ready to showcase your skills. An exciting fashion upcycling competition that ends with a ramp walk in your creation.
Minute to Win It: Scrap Mode
60 seconds. 10 Games. 2 people. 1 loser. The best 10-minute stress-buster!
Rapid Upcycling Competition: Jugaad But jaldi
Waste, haste and a lot of paste that tests your creativity.
Human Bowling: Do you roll?
It's not about how well you bowl, it's about how well you roll!
Treasure Hunt: Finders Keepers.
Walk in the shoes of Jack Sparrow and find the treasure at Find Me If You Can
Competition Exibits: The Kabaad Mela boasts about the top 40 participants of every category. Come and witness the hard work done by the visionaries of India. See some of the finest products that have never been seen.
Date and Time - October 14,15 - 1 to 10pm
Venue - Dublin Square, Phoenix Marketcity Kurla
Terms and Conditions -
● Day passes for the designated dates will be issued at the box office during the festival & online.
● Day passes will be valid just for the day they are purchased for.
● No refund on a purchased ticket is possible, even in case of any rescheduling.
● Children up to six years of age can walk into the festival for free.
● Rights of admission reserved, even to valid ticket holders.
● Tickets will be available at the venue as well.
● Please remember to carry a valid government issued photo ID proof (Driver's license/ adhar/
Passport). You may not be permitted to enter in the absence of a valid Identity Card.
● Artist lineup and schedule are subject to change.
● This ticket permits entry to the festival grounds only. Any pre or after parties or specific
activities at designated areas at the venue may have other ticketing requirements and may be sold separately.
● Security procedures, including frisking, remain the right of the management.
● No tickets for the event shall be used by any person for resale, advertising, promotional or commercial purposes, including but not limited to prizes, competition, contests or sweepstakes without obtaining written consent of, the property owners of The Kabaad Mela.
● Please do not carry dangerous or potentially hazardous objects including but not limited to weapons, knives, guns, fireworks, laser devices and bottles to the venue. We may have to eject these things, (with or without you) from the venue.
● The sponsors/bands/organizers/management are not responsible for, including but not limited to, any injury or damage that may occur during or at the festival. Any claims that may arise due to gross negligence would be settled exclusively in the courts in Mumbai.
● Consumption and possession of narcotics is strictly prohibited and those found possessing or consuming narcotics at the event will be immediately handed over to anti-narcotics police.
● Carrying of liquids, alcohol, cigarettes and banned substances including outside food and beverages to the festival will not be permitted
● No liability or claims that may arise due to the consumption or intake of any food or drink or any other consumption will be entertained by the management.
● Parking near or at the festival premises is at the risk of the vehicle owner.
● You shall not use or display within the venue any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials unless authorized by written confirmation from Proinnovate Upcyling Foundation.
● The holder of this ticket grants organizers the right to use, in perpetuity, all or any part of the recording of any video or still footage made of the holder's appearance on any channel or magazine for broadcast in any and all media globally and for advertising, publicity and promotions relating hereto without any further approval of yours.
● Areas at the festival are built to capacity. Management reserves the right to hold entry to certain areas within the festival to ensure a safe festival experience.
● The management reserves the exclusive right without refund or other recourse, to refuse admission to anyone who is found to be in breach of these terms and conditions including, if necessary, ejecting the holder/s of the ticket from the venue after they have entered the ground
● We encourage you to be cool and have a great time at The Kabaad Mela.
FAQ’s about the event-
1. How much does it cost to attend The Kabaad Mela?
The Kabaad Mela is a free event. However, we will appreciate it if you take a little effort and create an
account on our platform so that we can keep you updated with all events.
2. What is the time duration of The Mela?
The event will be held on 14th and 15th October from 1pm to 9pm.
3. Are there any events or activities for which we have to preregister?
All events are to be registered at THE KABAAD MELA itself
4. Where is The Kabaad Mela being held?
Phoenix Market City, Kurla
5. What age group is it suitable for?
It is an event friendly for one and all age groups. Enjoy the event with your family and friends.
6. Can anyone volunteer to be a part of The Kabaad Mela?
Yes, you can volunteer at The Kabaad Mela.
7. Do we need to have basic knowledge of Upcycling to enjoy The Kabaad Mela?
You will learn everything at The Mela. The volunteers will guide you throughout the tour.
8. Do any of the events within The Kabaad Mela carry any charges?
Many of the events have registration charges. But you could win much more than what you input. Give
it your best shot.
9. Is there food available in The Kabaad Mela?
We have a variety of food counters at The Mela. Every person could enjoy our food options.