Kanban Management Professional (KMP-II)
[Get started with applying advanced Kanban concepts ]
The two-day Lean Kanban University-certified Kanban Management Professional (KMP II) class is the second stage of training required to attain the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential. This KMP II class, running just before the Lean Kanban India 2018 conference, is your unique opportunity to take this training with Alexei Zheglov, one of the top Kanban experts worldwide (and a Keynote Speaker at Lean Kanban India), who will team up with one of the Accredited Kanban Trainers (AKTs) from India. It’s an opportunity for deeper learning and getting your difficult Kanban questions answered.
- Motivation for the Kanban method
- Proto-Kanban evolutionary forms, multi-service Kanban case study, commitments
- Interpretation of Kanban practices in-context, seeing services, upstream Kanban
- Kanban cadences: Service delivery set
- Service delivery reviews (SDR), Ops reviews, models for improvement, sources of delay, dependencies between services
- Managing variability, blocker clustering, risk reviews, bottlenecks, economic costs, evolutionary approach to organizational change and improvement
- Deeper Kanban practices to sustain evolutionary improvements
- Getting to pull at the enterprise scale
- Organizational feedback loops enabled by Kanban cadences
- Several important models for finding and validating improvements – "improvement technologies"
- We will also enhance this class with practical guidance on several topics such as: the lead time metric, non-IT Kanban applications, and the secrets of STATIK (the systems thinking approach to introducing Kanban)
- Why evolutionary change may be more appropriate for your company than managed change
- How to identify and approach emotional and rational sources of resistance to change
- How proto-Kanban systems aren't "incorrect ways to do Kanban", but rather evolutionary Kanban forms that bring real benefits to companies
- A relatable enterprise-level Kanban case study
- How to be deliberate at making important business commitments
- Deeper definitions of the Kanban method and their appropriate interpretations in context
- Seeing your enterprise as a network of services that can improve together
- Non-IT applications of Kanban
- Advanced guidance on STATIK (the systems thinking approach to introducing Kanban)
- Key approaches to scaling Kanban
- Understanding upstream vs. delivery Kanban and the related management roles
- Implementing the Delivery Set of Kanban cadences, particularly the replenishment meeting, multiple-levels of stand-ups and delivery planning
- How to design service delivery reviews (SDR) and Ops Reviews (this begins the Improvement Set of Kanban cadences)
- The lead time metric and its probabilistic nature
- Identifying, managing, eliminating, mitigating sources of delay
- Managing dependencies between services
- Understanding and managing the sources of variability present in your processes
- Conducting risk reviews (this completes the Improvement Set of Kanban cadences)
- Dealing with bottlenecks in high-variability creative processes
- Applying an economic model to find waste in projects
- Project and Portfolio Managers
- Service Delivery Managers
- Heads of PMO and Program Directors
- Project Management Consultants
- Executives with eagerness to develop Managerial skills.
- Duration: 2 Day (16 Hours)
- Approach of Delivery: Mix of theory & workshop session (Classroom training)
- Timing: 9 AM to 6 PM (1 Hour break in between)
- Prerequisite: KMP1 Certification
- Trainer: Alexei Zheglov (Founder, Lean A-to-Z Inc.)
- Accreditation Institute: Lean Kanban University
- Certification Details: Attendees will get certified by Lean Kanban University as a Kanban Management Professional (KMP)
- Attendees will receive a certificate of completion from Lean Kanban University (LKU) in digital format
- Get listed to LKU Alumni Directory along with free membership in Lean Kanban University
- Attendees will receive a KMP digital badge and access to members-only KMP forums
- In person 2-day training full of learning and activities.
About Trainer: Alexei Zheglov (Founder, Lean A-to-Z Inc.)
Alexei Zheglov is a Canadian management consultant, specialising in the Kanban method and Enterprise Services Planning (ESP). He started his career in the 1990s as a software engineer and soon began to notice all kinds of problems modern companies run into as they try to produce and deliver complex intellectual products and professional services to their customers. He tried to “do something about it” and that gradually (by 2010) brought him to Kanban, its power in simplicity, and its pragmatism that is changing people and companies.
Over the years, Alexei has made several important contributions to Kanban and ESP, particularly around metrics and forecasting and the new field of Fitness-for-Purpose. He is a co-author, with David J Anderson, of the new book Fit-for-Purpose: How Modern Businesses Find, Satisfy & Keep Customers and has another book in progress. He has also helped grow the Kanban community globally through his client work, developing many better managers, leaders, and coaches, including training India’s two very first Accredited Kanban Trainers (AKTs). Alexei is recognized as a Kanban Coaching Professional (KCP) and Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT). He has served for a long time as a Program Advisor to the Lean Kanban University (LKU) coaching program. He teaches all levels of the Kanban curriculum including Kanban – the Alternative Path to Business Agility, ESP, the KCP Masterclass, and the Train-the-Trainer.
At this Lean Kanban India 2018 conference, Alexei will deliver one of the keynotes, exploring the nature of time it takes companies to deliver their products and services to customers. He will also teach a one-day pre-conference workshop on Fitness-for-Purpose and a condensed 90-minute version of it during the conference. Alexei will also team up with a leading Indian trainer to on an enhanced delivery of the two-day Kanban Management Professional (KMP II) class.
Important Note: Before registration please refer cancellation policy for Lean Kanban India workshop at the below link