MONSOON HALF MARATHON 2018
Who doesn't like playing in the rain? We all remember the beautiful memories from our childhood of playing and dancing in the rain. It was a bliss! Bangalore its time to relive those moments with the Monsoon Half Marathon - Running in the rain - exercise, therapy and a shower at the same time!
Event Info -
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT:
The minimum age for the race if any - no age restriction, kids 5 years and below must be accompanied by their parents
Price (Awards and recognition) - trophies for winners in 21K, 15K, 10K, and 5K. 16K cash prize in 21K and gift hampers in 15K and 10K
Roadmap - will be uploaded on FB page of Zealofy by Thursday
Last day for registrations - 11th July
BIB distribution date - 14th July
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Please find below the updates for MHM 2018:
1. Event Date: 15th July
Venue: JSS Public School
Address: HSR Layout, Sector VI, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560102
Click Here for Google Maps Link
NOTE: The venue has been shifted to JSS Public School (just next to BDA Complex HSR Layout) instead of BBMP Ground, keeping in mind the security of a large number of people who are participating in the event. Total 900 people will be participating in MHM 2018.
2. BIB Collection details:
Date: 14th July
Time: 12 noon to 2 pm
Venue: JSS Public School at the school reception desk
We have a loop of 5KM. Hence,
1. Run for 1.5 KM where the 1st Water Station will be stationed.
2. Take a U-turn from the 1st water station to come back to the starting point
1. One loop of the 5KM stretch
1. Two loops of the 5KM stretch
1. 3 loops of the 5KM stretch
1. Run for 550 m and take a U-Turn from the 1st split-time mat and come back
2. Then 4 loops of the 5KM stretch
Reporting Time: 5 am for 21K, 15K, and 10K participants
6:30 am for 5K and 3K participants
Flag Off: 5:30 am - 21K
5:45 am - 15K and 10K
7:00 am - 5K and 3K
Warm-Up Session - Warmup before every run and cool down will be conducted by the Jayanagar Jaguar Team - biggest running club in Bangalore
X-Factor - Laughter Therapy session post run
- 45 minutes Bollywood Dance Party after the run
- Water Station, Energy Drink counters, Banana/oranges, the medical support team from Sparsh Hospital will be stationed at 1.5KM, 3KM and 5.5KM marks
- Physiotherapy Team - 2 male and 2 female from Sparsh Hospital
- 1 Medical support team at the venue from Sparsh Hospital
- Water stations, energy bars, and light refreshment
- Baggage Counter
- Toilets - male and female, mobile toilets will not be present on the route
- Limited parking space inside the school campus, first come first serve basis
NOTE: There will be a separate medal counter for those participants who are eligible for personalized medals. There will be a red mark on your BIB if you are eligible for that. So, after completing your run, please head to the personalized medal counter and tell your BIB number to collect your personalized medal.
The rest of the people can take their medals from the regular medal counter. Only one medal per person is allowed and no one can collect medals on the behalf of their friends/families.
Timing Mats: There will be 2 timing mats - one at the starting -point and one on the route. It is mandatory for all the timed participants to pass through the timing mat in every loop, those who do not will be disqualified.
Winners: Only those people who have opted for timing-chips are eligible for winning. By default all 21K and 15K people are eligible for winning, 10K had an optional timing chip, so only those who have opted for the timing chip can compete for winning.
Awards and Accolades:
1. Cash Prize of 12,200 Rs. in the 21K category. Rs. 2500, RS. 2000, Rs. 1600 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively. The winners will be declared on gun-time. The cash prize will be awarded later only after their timing has been verified at each timing point. After verification, the cash prize will be transferred to their bank accounts. So, all the winners of 21K, 15K, and 10K must give their following details at the Information Desk counter at the venue before leaving the venue after the event:
b) Email ID
c) Phone Number
d) Bank Account Details
e) Residential Address in Bangalore
2. Gift hampers will be given to all the winners of 15K and 10K. The winners will be declared on gun-time.
3. All the category winners except 3K(fun run) will get trophies.
4. The awards will be given by the Chief Coach of Jayanagar Jaguar's team - Coach Pramod - the chief guest of the event.
Certificate and Photos: Digital certificate and photos will be available for download next day of the event. The link will be shared with you after the event.
- Your BIB numbers will be mailed to you by Thursday. Please keep your BIB number handy while collecting your BIB numbers on 14th of July from JSS Public School
For any further queries/information please drop a mail to "Snehil@zealofy.com" with the subject line "Race Day queries for MHM 2018".
NOTE: Detailed route-map with all the marking will be shared tomorrow.
Get ready to "Get Wet and Run" All the best!