Group Discounts available for 2 or more. Get in touch for more details.
In this two-day weekend course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of Scrum in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares you to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning thekey components of scaled Agile development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute iteration planning. You’ll also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value that is achievable through SAFe. The SSM certification signifies that you are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing your value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Intended for people new to the role of the Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
After this course, you should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate Iteration Planning and effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Build high performing teams by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Support DevOps implementation
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Attending this course prepares you to take the SAFe Scrum Master exam in order to receive the SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification.
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master
- A SAFe Scrum Master branding kit with the SSM certification mark
- SAFe Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Printed workbooks
- 1-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Access to the SAFe® Scrum Master Exam – requires course attendance
- Exam Name: SAFe® Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice
- Exam Delivery: Web-based; Open Book
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe Scrum Master course
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions:45
- Passing Score: 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
- Sample Test Questions
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.