REGISTRATIONS WILL CLOSE AT 1:00 PM - SATURDAY DECEMBER 8TH, 2018
Plz share with your friends also who are participating in Soldierathon
Collect your BIB & T-shirt on 15 Dec from VIP Area, West Block at JLN Stadium between 11 AM to 7 PM.
A special edition marathon instituted to commemorate the Indian Martyrs who have laid down their lives for our country. It will be a road running event slated to take place in the national capital – Delhi, on December 16th, 2018. It promises to be a platform where passion and purpose would come together with running and philanthropic communities to connect and work towards a mutual goal.
ALL GAVE SOME...SOME GAVE ALL
Soldierathon was an idea conceived by Major Dr Surendra Poonia,VSM in guidance of former President of India, the Late Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, who felt the need to create awareness towards the sacrifices made by our men in uniform and at the same time help the Martyr families/children and war-wounded soldiers, who along with time are forgotten by the country at large. But unfortunately, Dr. Kalam Sir didn’t live through to see it happen and Major Poonia has taken it upon himself to make this dream a reality.
The objective of this marathon is to honour martyrs and wounded warriors, create a positive and enabling environment in the country where the citizens of the country, especially youth, are made aware of the great sacrifices made by our Bravehearts, instill in them a sense of pride for soldiers who serve untiringly 24×7 for our nation’s integrity, unity, sovereignty and safety.
21.1k Paramveer Half Marathon
Successful training for a half-marathon, a hefty 13.1-mile race, requires more forethought than just signing up and running every day until the event. It's a good idea to follow a training plan and make lifestyle changes in preparation for the race, whether you're in it to win it or just hoping to make it to the finish line. This article provides information on how to get mentally and physically prepared for the big day.
Training for a 21.1k Paramveer Half Marathon
10K Mahaveer Run
A 10k running race is 6.2 miles. 10k races are popular for runners of all ages because the training and recovery times are much shorter than those for a marathon. You can train for approximately 8 weeks to be in good shape for a 10k.
Training for a 10K
5K VEER RUN
5K races are about 3.1 miles long, and some people run them every chance they get. If you are a beginning runner and you have never competed in a race before, the idea can seem intimidating. However, training at your own pace and working past any mental roadblocks will help you achieve your 5K goals. Run a 5K by training, registering for a race you want to run and competing at your own pace on race day.
Training for a 5K
3K Soldier Spirit RUN
This is a perfect beginning for students. What matters is your intention of contributing towards the cause in your own way. As we all know, running is a very important skill that everyone should be able to do. It's a great way to slim down and keep yourself heart-healthy. It's also good in an emergency: you never know when you might have to run from a wild animal—or a door-to-door salesman. The downside to all that running is that it's hard to keep going! Sometimes you get so tired that your body just wants to quit, and fall face first to the ground.
Training for a 3K
Major Surendra Poonia, VSM
Major Surendra Poonia is an international award-winning sportsman, Limca book record holder, physician and former Special Forces officer of the Indian Army. He is the first Indian athlete with the rare distinction of having won 27 medals in 5 world championships in Croatia, Spain, Turkey & Ireland including 10 Golds.
Awards and Career Highlights
General Vijay Kumar Singh, PVSM, AVSM, YSM, ADC
Awards & Honours
CAPTAIN BANA SINGH
GENERAL BIPIN RAWAT
GENERAL VK SINGH - Cabinet Minister
"I want this marathon to happen every year and would want all the people to run along to support this cause".
AIR COMMODORE ANIL SINHA - Veer Chakra Kargil War
"I was flying in Raipur I heard that a marathon is being organized for the soldiers who shed their blood for us and feeling honored to run in a marathon like this".
SUBEDAR MAJOR YOGENDRA SINGH - PVC
"This marathon is indeed a very positive message to honor and remember the soldiers who laid down their lives and gave their last drop of blood also for the motherland. When we remember these soldiers It brings new found motivation & enthusiasm".
GAUTAM GAMBHIR - Indian Cricketer
The energy and amount of people here is huge and really feels great to see so many people on a ?Sunday morning?. It is important to such events, as we need to show the soldiers as well the love and the support we have for them and also a sign that we would keep on supporting them in every manner. Even the corporates should come and be a part of such a big event.
SHARAT BHATTATIRIPAD - Head of content for Fever 104 FM & Radio Nasha 107.2 FM Delhi.
Soliderthon 1.0, In my opinion, is a milestone in our country’s history. The first time the Indian Public Came out in huge numbers to express the love, respect & admiration they feel for the Indian armed forces. The energy, the vibe, the atmosphere I experienced that morning of xx December, tells me this marathon will become one of the most prestigious and sought-after marathons in our country. See you at Soliderthon 2.0
MOHD. KAIF - Indian Cricketer
Very happy to see so many people gather to support our soldiers. This is a great initiative. Makes every Happy to see the enthusiasm of the audience and love for the soldiers.
1. I myself voluntarily register for Soldierathon 2018 (hereafter referred to as competition);
2. I understand comprehensively and agree with all regulations, rules, requirements, and measures instituted by Soliderathon 2018 event organizers.
3. I am in good health condition in which I am fully prepared for the competition (consent letter from a doctor, on their letterhead, to be carried to the venue if the participant has a medical condition), and I am willing to accept the doping test required by the organizers, if necessary;
4. I understand comprehensively all potential risks in the competition, and have already prepared precautionary measures based on personal health; I am willing to undertake the full responsibility of all personal emergency risks which occur during the competition, and agree that the organizers do not undertake any compensations and responsibilities of injury, death, or any other forms of loss, which is caused by participants themselves that occur prior, during or after the event.
5. I agree to accept the first aid and emergent medical treatment provided by the organizers during the competition, and I shall pay the expenditures by myself in accordance with medical treatment incurred in the hospital;
6. I authorize the organizers and designated events media for free use of my portraits, pictures, name, voice and other personal information by the organization for the promotion of the competition.
7. I promise that I shall register for competition based on all my true individual information, and will not transfer my bib number to any others;
8. I agree not to deliberately damage, change or mask my bib number before and during the competition;
9. I agree to provide valid personal identity documents and information to organizers for personal status confirmation and undertake full liabilities due to any false individual documents or information provided.
10. I agree to submit to any searches for prohibited items including but not limited to weapons, alcohol, narcotics, controlled, dangerous and/ or illegal substances.
11. I agree that the organizer may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the event due to adverse weather conditions, dangerous situations or any other causes beyond their reasonable control.
12. I agree that the decision of the organizer pertaining to the routes, prizes and other event-related decisions is final.
13. I have fully understood this