Training from the Back of the Room
- Action-packed introduction to cognitive neuroscience and brain-based approach to learning.
- Teaches you how to structure and facilitate your own classes, presentations or meetings for their maximum effectiveness.
- Provides new tools and new skills to trainers, coaches and any professionals that need to use influence and leadership on daily bases.
Developed by Sharon Bowman, the “Training from the Back of the Room” (or TBR for short) is now recognized internationally as one of the most effective frameworks for accelerated learning.
This workshop is delivered by Anil Jaising - out of the very few trainers who have been certified by Sharon Bowman to teach her 2 days “Training from the Back of the Room” class.
What will you learn in this workshop?
- 6 learning principles for maximizing learning effectiveness and content retention.
- Over 65 quick new brain-based activities you can immediately facilitate with your teams.
- A "4C Map" - a simple, effective instructional design and delivery model for Accelerated Learning.
- An effective approach to building your session's Learning Objectives based on the Bloom's Taxonomy.
- Join this workshop to collaborate with other participants. Build your own training plans, receive feedback from TBR trainers and practice delivering - now with brain-based approach!
“Eye Opening. Full of relevant tools. Stimulating.
This session is intense and packed with value, while keeping the pace sustainable and fun.
Anil delivers an amazing training, take this course if you teach, present, train, coach or facilitate!"
Join us to learn on Saturday, December 14 & Sunday, December 15 2019!
Are there any prerequisites?
This training is appropriate to all levels.
How large is the class?
Class size is limited to 50 participants, reserve your seat early to avoid disappointment.
What else will I get?
- A copy of a 55-page workbook that is only available with this program – a wonderful resource for use during and after the workshop.
- A certificate of completion that can be framed as well as used as proof of training (a prerequisite to attend Sharon Bowman’s Trainer Certification Course). **Please note, you must be present on both days to receive the certificate of completion.**
- Up to 16 SEU (Category C) good towards maintaining your certifications with Scrum Alliance.
What will I be able to do after this training?
- Apply six learning principles based on current brain science every time you train or facilitate, regardless of the complexity of your topic, size of the group, or level of the participants.
- Demonstrate a variety of brain science elements important to human learning, using your own training topics.
- Increase learners' attention, retention and engagement with learning activities that engage the whole brain.
- Use the 4C "map" as a training design and delivery model for any brain-based instructions.
- Choose from 65+ brain-based learning activities for all topics and all instructional formats: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small or large group meeting
- Access a collection of new brain science resources to enhance your training skills whether you teach in real or virtual classrooms
- Create training classes and programs that combine your own material with the brain-based strategies from this program.
- Explain to your colleagues the basic concepts of the psychology of human brain as it applies to learning, training and memory.
- Become a member of an ongoing "mastermind" group of trainers who have as their commonality brain science, the 4Cs map and a passion for training excellence.
Who can benefit from attending TBR class?
- Corporate and non-corporate trainers
- College instructors, classroom teachers
- Agile Coaches, Scrum Trainers, Team facilitators
- Leaders and Managers
- Other learning specialist
- Anyone who has a need to deliver internal and external presentations, workshops, etc
I am Anil Jaising and I am an executive and a public speaker in a technology organization. My role is focused on Agile, product management and organizational change and I am charged with changing mindsets of senior executives and teams. From the beginning of my career in 1993, I realized that if I wanted my audience to experience and learn my ideas, I have to deliver impactful presentations.
TBR has dramatically changed how I deliver my workshops and the impact it has made on my audience. I recently created an experiential workshop “The 3 ways of DevOps” using the 4Cs that have had rave reviews in both Agile Alliance 2018 and Scrum Alliance 2018.
All my speaking, training and workshops now focuses on sharing my real life experiences with TBR techniques. My mission is to teach TBR both in class and embedded in my workshops to engage audiences and improve how they communicate and teach. Twitter @aniljaising will get feedback from the TBR trainers.
What's the refund policy?
100% refund (minus INR 2500 administrative fee)- 30 days before the event
75% refund - Up to 15 days prior to the event
No refund, name substitution only - Less than 15 days